Re: [LSF/MM TOPIC] FS, MM, and stable trees

On Tue, Feb 12, 2019 at 7:31 PM Sasha Levin <sashal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to propose a discussion about the workflow of the stable trees
> when it comes to fs/ and mm/. In the past year we had some friction with
> regards to the policies and the procedures around picking patches for
> stable tree, and I feel it would be very useful to establish better flow
> with the folks who might be attending LSF/MM.
>
> I feel that fs/ and mm/ are in very different places with regards to
> which patches go in -stable, what tests are expected, and the timeline
> of patches from the point they are proposed on a mailing list to the
> point they are released in a stable tree. Therefore, I'd like to propose
> two different sessions on this (one for fs/ and one for mm/), as a
> common session might be less conductive to agreeing on a path forward as
> the starting point for both subsystems are somewhat different.
>
> We can go through the existing processes, automation, and testing
> mechanisms we employ when building stable trees, and see how we can
> improve these to address the concerns of fs/ and mm/ folks.

Hi Sasha,

I think it would be interesting to have another discussion on the state of fs/
in -stable and see if things have changed over the past couple of years.
If you do not plan to attend LSF/MM in person, perhaps you will be able to
join this discussion remotely?