Re: Splitting struct page into multiple types - Was: re: Folio discussion recap -

Kent Overstreet <kent.overstreet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  - page->lru is used by the old .readpages interface for the list of pages we're
>    doing reads to; Matthew converted most filesystems to his new and improved
>    .readahead which thankfully no longer uses page->lru, but there's still a few
>    filesystems that need to be converted - it looks like cifs and erofs, not
>    sure what's going on with fs/cachefiles/. We need help from the maintainers
>    of those filesystems to get that conversion done, this is holding up future
>    cleanups.

fscache and cachefiles should be taken care of by my patchset here:

	https://lore.kernel.org/r/163363935000.1980952.15279841414072653108.stgit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
	https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/dhowells/linux-fs.git/log/?h=fscache-remove-old-io

With that 9p, afs and ceph use netfs lib to handle readpage, readahead and
part of write_begin.

nfs and cifs do their own wrangling of readpages/readahead, but will call out
to the cache directly to handle each page individually.  At some point, cifs
will hopefully be converted to use netfs lib.

David