Re: File System Performance results

Steven Pratt wrote:
Chris Mason wrote:
On Wed, 2008-10-22 at 15:06 -0500, Steven Pratt wrote:
We have set up a new page which is intended mainly for tracking the performance of BTRFS, but in doing so we are testing other filesystems as well (ext3, ext4, xfs and jfs). Thought some people here might find the results useful.

I think I understand the bad read performance in btrfs.  I was forcing a
tiny max readahead size.

The current git tree has fixes for it, along with a ton of new code.
Ok, we'll kick off some new runs.

Also, just need to push out the data fro odirect random write and mail server with fsync.
Steve
We have completed testing on the random write tests with odirect. Results can be found at:
Single disk:
http://btrfs.boxacle.net/repository/single-disk/Oct28-odirect-random-writes/Oct28-odirect-random-writes.html
Raid:
http://btrfs.boxacle.net/repository/raid/Oct28-odirect-random-writes/Oct28-odirect-random-writes.html

Also, the changes to the mail server emulation to use fsync on the creates is also complete:
Single disk:
http://btrfs.boxacle.net/repository/single-disk/Oct28-mail-server-fsync-creates/Oct28-mail-server-fsync-creates.html
Raid:
http://btrfs.boxacle.net/repository/raid/Oct28-mail-server-fsync-creates/mail-server-fsync-creates.html