Re: sendmsg blocking with sendtimeout vs. non-blocking

Neil Horman wrote:

  Thats not true.  Assuming there is sufficient memory available, and the tcp
  segments receive window isn't closed, then you will continue to receive data, as
  not setting SO_RCVBUF will allow the receive buffers to autotune in size.

My explanation may be flawed but the behavior is real.  If you turn on
autotuning on the nfsd socket, and don't do anything with the buffer sizes,
nfsd will stall.  This is in a 2.6.24 kernel.  I would of course welcome
independent verification.

I thought that the receive buffer size would only grow as large as the
receiver's advertised window, but I'll admit I don't fully understand the
autotuning code.