Re: interface to ask is a file is hidden

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:44:46PM +0200, J??rn Engel wrote:
> > Unfortunately I don't have time myself atm to implement this, but I hope
> > someone else is interested in working on this.
>
> And this is a perfect example of how not to convince someone.  Once you
> have the time you might want to look at lsattr/chattr.  Until then, this
> discussion is a waste of readers time.

Well, adding it to XFS_IOC_GETXFLAGS/XFS_IOC_SETXFLAGS wouldn't be too
hard.  Then again this doesn't really buy anything over using the
existing vfat ioctls, and what I'm certainly not looking into is adding
completely new interfaces for it.  For one not for such a feature not
useful for native filesystems, and second not without a good
demonstraction that the path to fh conversion actually is a bottleneck
that matters.