Re: interface to ask is a file is hidden

> Sorry, that just not how the unix file interface work like, and we're
> not going to add crappy interface because your file manager wants to do
> something stupid.

You don't have the right to judge an interface as "crappy" and a
feature we'd like to add "stupid", only because you don't need (like)
it.
These 2 words are quite rude. And we never had the intention to be
unkindly in our request.

You could indeed explain why this so wrong to you.
Please add a real motivation, since "unix does not work in this way"
is not enough:
1) linux is not unix
2) after 30 years it's good that things change and evolve
3) if new interfaces fully compatible with the past ones could be
implemented, nobody not interested in this will notice it

> Yes, you can.  These are foreign filesystems, and all access to the
> filesystem (ls, echo, shell tab completion) also show them.  No need to
> be special in your fancy "file manager".

His "fancy file manager" is for people who trust in the idea of
multiplatform and likes wide support, new features and
interoperability.
Nobody wants to modify 'ls' or orher legacy software