Re: Thin device provisioning

I've spoken with a few Linux filesystem people.  They find it
significantly easier to send a single LBA/length pair at a time.
Modern filesystems try quite hard to keep fragmentation to a minimum, so
they don't expect a performance hit from sending multiple commands.
They're non-blocking writes, and the IO elevators can take care of
sending more important reads first.

a retrograde step."