Re: BeFS

Hi Diego

The in source kernel Documentation dir has a filesystems dir with some
references. Google brought me this[1] page as well - I don`t know how
accurate it`s. This google query[2] happens to bring some stuffs at
lwn.net.

[1] - http://kernelbook.sourceforge.net/kernel-api.html
[2] - http://www.google.com/search?q=vfs+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Flwn.net%2F&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.debian:en-US:unofficial&client=iceweasel-a

Hope have helped

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 4:10 AM, Diego . <eljedi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Wow, thanks andreas!
>
> Can you point me to some web where i can get updated info about
> fsdevel in general? ( kernel apis.. etc..)
>
> thanks!!
>

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Andreas Dilger <adilger@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Jul 17, 2008  13:55 +0200, Diego . wrote:
>>> My question comes when i tried to finish befs port ( write mode ) on
>>> the kernel sources..
>>> How can i make the extensible attributes and live queries available to
>>> linux user/programs?
>>>
>>> Is there some way to register this services?
>>
>> I'm guessing that xattrs (via sys_{get,set,list}xattr(), used by
>> user tools getfattr/setfattr/libattr) will get you much of what you
>> want.
>>
>> In order to notify applications about "live queries" you may want to
>> look at the dnotify or inotify mechanisms, having an application
>> get a notification on a "virtual search" file, or similar.
>>
>> Cheers, Andreas
>> --
>> Andreas Dilger
>> Sr. Staff Engineer, Lustre Group