Re: open sleeps

Dave Chinner wrote:
This is just the stupid (broken) ia32 stack tracing - it outputs every
single object it sees in the stack that may be function call. Hence
you see some stuff that is from past stack traversals. I'd say this
is sleeping in a select() call, not doing anything related to
xfs or networking....
Hello,

Thanks for your help.

Just a followup: Every indication seems to be that it is the firewall in the virus scanner we use, F-Secure, that prevents Windows from releasing oplocks properly. After turning off the firewall, the oplocks get released and there is no problem. Possibly related to the timing of wpkg being invoked before system logons too.

Might be time to consider another virus scanner/firewall solution.

Brian May