Re: flush and EIO errors when writepages fails

> Right, but with the current implementation, once filemap_fdatawrite
> returns, any pages that that run touched are either written out or
> discarded.

That could explain some problems if true.  When writepages fails, we
make the pages as in error (PG_error flag?) and presumably they are
still dirty.   Why in the world would anyone free the pages just
because we failed the first time and need to write them again later?
Do you where (presumably in /mm) pages could be freed that are still
dirty (it is hard to find where the PG_error flag is checked etc)?

--
Thanks,

Steve