[LSF/MM TOPIC] Using buildbot for automated testing of CIFS.KO

Hi Folks,

I am Ronnie Sahlberg, CIFS.KO developer at RedHat.
I want to come to LSF/MM to talk CIFS and network protocols with
colleagues in the FS world.

I have an idea for an informal talk I would like to give:
"Automated testing of kernel fs modules using buildbot. Experiences so
far in CIFS land."

This would be a practical presentation showing examples of a system we
implemented recently
for cifs.ko to have a standard set of tests to run to ensure quality
and (hopefully) avoidance
of regressions for the patches that are sent to Linus for the CIFS.KO module.

At this point we are starting to see very promising results on fixing
bugs before they hit Linus tree.
I would like to show and talk about how we set this up and why we did
it this way.

To see what it looks like right now, this is what I think will go as a
pull request when the next merge window opens:
http://smb3-test-rhel-75.southcentralus.cloudapp.azure.com/#/builders/2/builds/137
http://smb3-test-rhel-75.southcentralus.cloudapp.azure.com/#/builders/4/builds/98

We have already started to add these kind of links in the pull
requests we send upstream.

I would like to talk about how this is set up, what our experiences
are so far, has it improved out quality and our confidence that the
patches are good?
An it would be trivial to reuse for other filesystems if you want to use it.

regards
Ronnie Sahlberg