Re: [RFC] vfs.git (and mount API) status

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 10:00 PM Al Viro <viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>         First of all, my apologies for being very late with
> any pull requests this window.  There had been quite a bit
> of reshuffling (and fixes) in mount API series; see
> vfs.git #Q.. (up to #Q44) for the whole gory story.  And yes,
> it is what it looks like - 44 branches with this stuff
> getting massaged.
>         In the current form it's not ready for pull as a whole.
> It's in much better shape than it used to be, and I *am* reasonably
> sure it'll get into mergable shape by the next cycle, but right now
> the situation looks thus:

[...]

Ok, I've pulled your two small piles (trivial and mount#1), and they look fine.

And honestly, I'm just as happy to leave the rest for later. I know
the fs option parser changes are going to cause conflicts, I really
don't want to deal with them very late in the merge window.
Particularly if you want to work on some of the parser issues
themselves anyway.

                 Linus