Re: [git pull] new mount API

Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just noticed that this tree reintroduces bugs that were fixed with
> cfb2f6f6e0ba ("Revert "mqueue: switch to on-demand creation of internal
> mount"")
>
> So in addition to ongoing discussion about what the new mount api should
> look like ...

Which don't need to be solved *before* the current patches go in.  No strong
reason has been given why the desired changes cannot wait one cycle.

The core needs to be upstream before we can start porting most of the
filesystems to it.

> ... we have bugs in the implementation.

Allegedly.  It would be useful if you could've pointed out what it was that
you think you see.  I don't see offhand what it reintroduces.

And how come this hasn't been noticed since the patches have been sat in
linux-next for a while?

> This really does not look like this branch is ready to be merged yet.

I disagree (probably obviously).

David