[LSF/MM ATTEND] memory allocation scope

Discussion with the memory folks towards scope based allocation
I am working on converting some of the GFP_NOFS memory allocation calls
to new scope API [1]. While other allocation types (noio, nofs,
noreclaim) are covered. Are there plans for identifying scope of
GFP_ATOMIC allocations? This should cover most (if not all) of the
allocation scope.

Transient Errors with direct I/O
In a large enough direct I/O, bios are split. If any of these bios get
an error, the whole I/O is marked as erroneous. What this means at the
application level is that part of your direct I/O data may be written
while part may not be. In the end, you can have an inconsistent write
with some parts of it written and some not. Currently the applications
need to overwrite the whole write() again.

Other things I am interested in:
 - new mount API
 - Online Filesystem Check
 - FS cache shrinking