[LSF/MM TOPIC] filesystems, btrfs, cgroups, debugging tools

Hi everyone,

I'm really looking forward to LSF/MM this year. I can bring along a fair amount of data from production about benchmarking and stability.

We've been expanding our btrfs rollout, and we're also fixing up priority inversions when cgroup IO controllers are put in place. I think we have btrfs fixed up, but ext4 seems to be incompatible with IO controllers due to data=ordered IO. We haven't tried XFS with the controllers yet but I don't think there will be any major blockers there.

I'm also hoping filesystem slab shrinking gets into the agenda, since we have a few ugly hacks there to keep production happy.

Thanks,
Chris