Re: vm/fs meetup in september?

On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 05:35:04AM -0700, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
> Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> >On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 12:35:09PM +1000, Nick Piggin wrote:
> >
> >>I'd like to see you there, so I hope we can find a date that most
> >>people are happy with. I'll try to start working that out after we
> >>have a rough idea of who's interested.
> >>

> >Do we have any data preferences yet?
> >

> You mean date?
>

> VM is arranged for the 3rd, IIRC Kernel summit doesn't
> start until the 5th, so there's a gap on the 4th if you want
> to sort out the fs stuff then? Not 100% sure on the dates.

Well it says kernel summit is 4-6th, but also that it is a two
day event, so I think you're right that it starts on 5th.

I'd like to see what people's preferences are, whether we try to
do this on the 4th, or after KS (which could be 7th or 8th)? I
know some can't make it before KS and some can't make it after,
but if you absolutely won't come on any of these dates can you let
me know? And let me know preferences or other ideas too.

Regarding numbers, there are about a dozen so far which is good
but not as many filesystem maintainers as I had hoped (do they
tend not to get invited to KS?). We may get a few more people yet
so I think if we try to get a room to fit 20-25 people it would
be ideal: I don't want to turn anyone away ;)

Thanks,
Nick
-