Re: NILFS version 2 now available

amagai@xxxxxxxx writes:

> NILFS (a New Implementation of a Log-structured Filesystem) Version 2 have
> been available at the project website
>
> http://www.nilfs.org/
>
> If you are interested, please visit to our website.

Could you please give some information on the use cases
for this file system. Is it another flash file system
or optimized for block devices? What do you think are
the primary use cases? Do you see it as a general purpose
file system like ext3 or targetted at some specific niche?
Is it supposed to be production ready eventually or
more intended for research?  Does it avoid the long mount
time problem the other Linux log file system have?

Thanks,

-Andi
-