Writing a VFS driver

    I am trying to write a vfs driver for a fairly simple filesystem.

    I have been looking for a good sample to start from an most of what
I have seen is either too simple or too complex.

    I do not need subdirectories, hard links, symbolic links, ACL's. I
am supporting an existing ROM filesystem that
    has no superblock, Files start with a directory header that has the
filename and other attributes as text strings,
    the header is followed by the file data. The data runs contiguously
until the end of file and is then 0xff filled to the next
    2000h boundary.

    I already have a working mtd block device to access the ROM
(actually write protected flash)

    I am looking for something really simple to start from, but also
something that actually uses an underlying block device.
    All the "tutorial" examples I have tripped over (rkfs, ols2006
samplefs) seem to impliment in memory filesystems - unless I
    am mis-understanding how VFS to block device mapping works.

--
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein

-