Log structured file system for Linux 2.6 with a garbage collector

Hi,

me  and other  three students  of  Charles University  in Prague  have
developed  a log-structured  file system  for  Linux 2.6.  If you  are
interested, the source, fairly  extensive documentation and results of
a number of performance measurements  are all available at the project
website:

http://aiya.ms.mff.cuni.cz/lfs/

Unlike any other  Linux LFS we know of,  our implementation features a
working garbage collector. Moreover, we  have done well in a number of
experiments. For  example, we  are seven times  as fast as  ext3 (with
htree directories) in the  postmark benchmark. The current version has
been  extensively  tested,  it  definitely  solves some  of  the  most
difficult problems and can serve as a basis for future development.

Any comments, insights or criticism is warmly welcome.

Thanks for your attention,

Martin
-