Re: Trying to cause a writepage from commit_write?

Hi Trond,

Thanks for your reply!

> > > 4) Check that  writepages() does not kick  in earlier and  does not do
> > >    the job instead.
> >
> > I'm not implementing a writepages() method either, at the moment.
>
> In that case have you remembered to set 'generic_writepages' as your
> default writepages callback?

I tried that, and thought it fixed the problem but have been unable to
reproduce the correct behaviour.

I've now hooked in a custom writepages() implementation that just printks and
returns - it doesn't appear to get called.  I know I'm dirtying the page on
commit_write, and sync is writing out the inode.  But it doesn't look like
I'm receiving any callbacks to actually write out the data.

By the looks of page-writeback.c::do_writepages() if there isn't a specified
writepages method, it'll fall back to the generic implementation anyhow, so I
don't think this can have been my problem.

It looks like do_writepages isn't ever being reached, for some reason.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious...

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.