Re: nfs mounting operation

Mohit Katiyar wrote:
Hi all,

I am new to the NFS filesystem. When we perfrom a nfs mount the
nfs_getattr function is called. I would like to know why this getattr
function is called and from which function in the vfs layer. I think
it comes from vfs_stat_fd function but what are the parameters passed
to it for calling get_attribute. Basically whose attributes are being
searched??
The same case with unmounting operation. why this getattr function is
called and from where in vfs layer it is invoked?
I am using linux-2.6.15.

The over the wire GETATTR function is used during mounting to get the
initial set of attributes for the root of the mounted file system.

From time to time, GETATTR is also used to validate the attributes and
cached resources associated with entities on the mounted file system.

       ps
-