Re: readdir & bonnie++

On 6/4/06, Tomas Hruby <thruby@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My problem with bonnie happens in a test which counts how many files where
created. It just call readdir in loop and counts how many entries were
returned. As far as I understand the bonnie code, there were no files deleted
yet.

I checked the glibc code (i hope that the correct one) and it seems that the
loop inside readdir is returned only if there are no more data in the buffer
and so the getdents is called again. My problem is that there SHOULD be the
last entry still in the buffer.

So, what you're saying is that the getdents() call actually returns
the last entry, but readdir() somehow ignores that last entry?  If
that is the case, I would look at the d_off value for that last entry
for weirdness.

                Tomas

-Akshat
-