RE: why fscrypt_mergeable_bio use logical block number?

So if use sector number to generate IVs, after f2fs move data blocks in gc, we can
not decrypt correctly, am I right ?

> There are other reasons too.  Always using the file logical block number
> keeps the various fscrypt options consistent, it works well with per-file keys, it
> doesn't break filesystem resizing, and it avoids having the interpretation of
> the filesystem depend on its on-disk location which would be a layering
> violation.  But the need to support f2fs is the main one.
>
> Note that by default, fscrypt uses a different key for every file, and in that case
> the only way that using the file logical block number instead of the sector
> number would prevent merging is if data was being read/written from a file
> that is physically but not logically contiguous.  That's not a very common
> case.
This is exactly the problem I have faced. We read/write a file in physically contiguous but not logically.
So I'm wander if we can keep physically contiguous always, can we skip check wheatear logical block
number is contiguous when bio merge?

> - Eric

[Index of Archives]     [linux Cryptography]     [Asterisk App Development]     [PJ SIP]     [Gnu Gatekeeper]     [IETF Sipping]     [Info Cyrus]     [ALSA User]     [Fedora Linux Users]     [Linux SCTP]     [DCCP]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [ISDN Cause Codes]