Re: [fsverity-utils] 1.4: test suite does not build

On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 09:52:55PM +0000, Aleksander Adamowski wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 2:19 PM, Eric Biggers wrote:
>
> > Aleksander: there still shouldn't be any compiler warnings.  In my test script
> > (scripts/run-tests.sh) I actually use -Werror.  If there isn't a good way to
> > avoid these deprecation warnings (and I'd prefer not to have code that's
> > conditional on different OpenSSL versions), we can just add
> > -Wno-deprecated-declarations to the Makefile for now.
>
> I think -Wno-deprecated-declarations is the best option for now.
>
> I took a few looks around and the community isn't ready for OpenSSL 3.0 just
> yet with PKCS#11 support.
>
> The release happened just 2 weeks ago.
>
> Projects like libp11 (https://github.com/OpenSC/libp11), the PKCS#11 engine
> implementation for OpenSSL, haven't yet caught up to that fact - there's no
> trace of discussion about migrating to the Providers API anywhere on their
> mailing lists or issue tracker.
>
> The official OpenSSL release does not come with a PKCS#11 provider, and it only
> acknowledges a potential future existence of such in a single sentence in their
> design doc (https://www.openssl.org/docs/OpenSSL300Design.html):
>
> "For example a PKCS#11 provider may opt out of caching because its algorithms
> may become available and unavailable over time."
>
> Since this is a completely new, redesigned API, I expect it to take some time
> before alternatives to existing Engine-based implementations arise.

I've pushed out a change which adds -Wno-deprecated-declarations.

Tomasz, I'd still appreciate any details on what actually caused the test
programs to not build for you, as I can't reproduce it myself.

- Eric

[Index of Archives]     [linux Cryptography]     [Asterisk App Development]     [PJ SIP]     [Gnu Gatekeeper]     [IETF Sipping]     [Info Cyrus]     [ALSA User]     [Fedora Linux Users]     [Linux SCTP]     [DCCP]     [Gimp]     [Yosemite News]     [Deep Creek Hot Springs]     [Yosemite Campsites]     [ISDN Cause Codes]