Re: fbdev git tree update

Hi Helge,

On Sun, Jan 30, 2022 at 10:05:39PM +0100, Helge Deller wrote:
> Hello DRI and fbdev developers,
>
> I've now mostly checked all queued-up patches on the fbdev mailing list:
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-fbdev/list/

Nice to see all the pending fbdev patches processed.

I do not see why most of them are applied - why bother with
dev_err_probe or spelling fixes in old drivers that does not see any
active development. But that's your call.

How come there are backlight, dt-bindings and agp in between
the fbdev patches?
It would be nice to be able to trust that if the fbdev tree has patches
then it is mentioned when the tree touches files outside the fbdev
dir.

These are the patches that caught my eye:

> Arnd Bergmann (1):
>       agp: define proper stubs for empty helpers
>
> Luca Weiss (2):
>       backlight: qcom-wled: Add PM6150L compatible
>       dt-bindings: simple-framebuffer: allow standalone compatible
>
> Xu Wang (2):
>       backlight: lm3630a_bl: Remove redundant 'flush_workqueue()' calls

If this was mentioned then fine - but now it looks like patches that do
not belong here.

	Sam