Re: fbdev: Garbage collect fbdev scrolling acceleration

I may have missed some discussions, but I'm objecting against this patch:

	b3ec8cdf457e5 ("fbdev: Garbage collect fbdev scrolling acceleration, part 1 (from TODO list)")

Can we please (partly) revert it and restore the scrolling behaviour,
where fbcon uses fb_copyarea() to copy the screen contents instead of
redrawing the whole screen?

I'm fine with dropping the ypan-functionality.

Maybe on fast new x86 boxes the performance difference isn't huge,
but for all old systems, or when emulated in qemu, this makes
a big difference.

Helge