Re: Build warning for unused function in the file,sm7xxfb.c

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 11:04:22PM -0500, nick wrote:
> Greetings Sudip and others,
> After doing a clean kernel build today I get this warning:
> drivers/staging/sm7xxfb/sm7xxfb.c:117:19: warning: ‘sm7xx_vga_setup’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
> static int __init sm7xx_vga_setup(char *options).
> After looking into it further I found it's not being called anywhere, I was going to remove it until I
> found out it was used for command processing by this driver for setup of cards supported. I was wondering
> if this function is still needed due to legacy support or to allow this command line processing feature to
> be used still.
Hi Nick,
I was under the impression that you have been blacklisted from lkml.
anyways, as of now this function is not used, but my next set of patch will use that and it will be sent to Greg as soon as he applies my pending patches with him.

regards
sudip