Re: possible fb bug in linux-next 20150202

Hi,

On 02-02-15 14:36, Rares Aioanei wrote:
Hi,

First, sorry for the unproperly-formatted mail but I'm at work and this is
the only way. Second, I installed the latest linux-next on a Dell Latitude
D520 at work and the kernel won't boot unless I add nofb at the command
line. Is this a known issue or do you need me to send all the good stuff
(dmesg, cpuinfo and so on)? If there's anything I can do to help, please
let me know. I have some time to test.

Not sure why you are sending this to me ?

Are you using a kernel with simplefb support enabled on x86? I only maintain
the simplefb driver, and you're not supposed to use that on x86.

Eitherway please send a detailed bug report to:
"Linux Fbdev development list <linux-fbdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
with me in the Cc.

Regards,

Hans