Re: [RFC 2/6] omapdss: add init port functions for different omap revs

On 08/05/14 12:15, Archit Taneja wrote:
> The init/uninit port functions are used to set up the DPI and SDI outputs under
> the dss platform device. A 'reg' property is used to determine whether the node
> is DPI or SDI for OMAP34xx DSS revision. For other DSS revisions, only DPI
> output exists.
>
> For multiple DPI output instances(introduced in DRA7xx DSS), we would use the
> 'reg' property to specify the DPI output number.
>
> The current functions work fine if there is only one DPI output instance in
> DSS. For multiple DPI instances, it would get complicated to figure out whether
> 'reg' is used to specify whether the output is SDI, or a later DPI instance.
>
> Create DSS revision specific init/uninit_port functions such that we have a
> separate functions for OMAP34xx, this helps us deal with the SDI case
> separately.

Could we instead have an array of the ports for the said DSS version,
assigned to dss_features? Maybe just something like:

static enum omap_display_type omap34xx_ports[] = {
	OMAP_DISPLAY_TYPE_DPI,
	OMAP_DISPLAY_TYPE_SDI,
};

The index on the array tells the matching 'reg' value.

 Tomi