Re: [PULL for v3.4] SH Mobile LCDC fix

Hi Laurent,

On 05/17/2012 10:23 PM, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> Hi Florian,
>
> Is it still possible for the following patch to go to v3.4 ? I've only
> realized now that MERAM support was broken in some use cases (one of them
> being fbcon) due to a v3.4-rc regression - thanks to Guennadi Liakhovetski for
> reporting this.

Umm, I don't like last minute stuff, but this is important enough. BUT...

> If this is too late for v3.4 please let me know and I'll CC stable on the
> patch and resend a pull request for v3.5.
>
> The following changes since commit 5e7b911f9a3e582635801675b7fe935b16cd4af5:
>
>   drivers/video: fsl-diu-fb: don't initialize the THRESHOLDS registers
> (2012-05-13 13:08:56 +0000)

...how am I supposed to merge this? It's based on top of all the stuff
that I plan to ask Linus to pull during the merge window and AFAIK there
is no way to merge only upper parts of branches. I could cherry-pick it
but that wouldn't look like a merge or a patch I applied.
As this is only a single patch and not much time left, I'd suggest you
send it directly to Linus (as a patch) with my Ack added to it. Oh and
make sure to mention that this fixes a regression.

Thanks,

Florian Tobias Schandinat