usage of height and width in fb_var_screeninfo

Does anyone happen to know the usage of below member in
fb_var_screeninfo? I do not know whether mm stand for geometry size or
memory, can not find its usage in any driver neither. We considering
to use it as zoomed size.

struct fb_var_screeninfo {
        __u32 height;                   /* height of picture in mm    */
        __u32 width;                    /* width of picture in mm     */

Jun