Re: Mirror "module" for framebuffer

Il 01/06/2011 22:02, Bruno Prémont ha scritto:
Hi,

[re-adding linux-fbdev, please make sure to reply-to-all]

uops

> Note that some framebuffer drivers might implement (lots) of private
> ioctls to implement (accelerated) drawing primitives.
> So unless you know the driver you are hooking onto all bets are open.
.
.
.
No, only a few selected ones implement deferred input/output, usually
because the real framebuffer cannot be mapped into memory or the link
to it is just dead slow so changes are pushed down to device at regular
intervals.
.
.
.
I'm wondering if you not better had to create a new framebuffer driver
(based on virtual framebuffer) with fbdefio to push the changes to a
backing framebuffer [the way fbcon draws console] (as well as whatever you
use to stream to the remote system).
This will make you lose any potential hardware acceleration but keep
things simple.
Though you would need ability to move software to your new framebuffer.

Main problem is that i need to show what is being displayed on the screen, so i can't use another framebuffer device but i must use the one used by the os.

mmm i think that isin't the right way to handle this situation because this software should work with too much different (and untestable) hardware. I'll see if there is a way to check when android draw something on the framebuffer

Thanks a lot for your time!

Best Regards,
Daniele

Daniele Salvatore Albano                | web site:
 IT Consultant                          | http://www.itechcon.it
 Website Design and Development         |
 Software Engineer and Developer        | e-mail:
 Linux Servers SetUp And Administration | info@xxxxxxxxxxx
 Embedded Network Solutions             | d.albano@xxxxxxxxxxx

Are you lazy? Take a look to LazyDroid (www.lazydroid.net): android for lazy people!

Ai sensi del D.Lgs. 196/2003 si precisa che le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Qualora il messaggio in parola Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo senza copiarlo e a non inoltrarlo a terzi, dandocene gentilmente comunicazione. Grazie. Pursuant to Legislative Decree No. 196/2003, you are hereby informed that this message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, and have received this message by mistake, please delete it and immediately notify us. You may not copy or disseminate this message to anyone. Thank you.