Re: OMAP:DSS: possible bug in WAITFOR_VSYNC ioctl

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 05:38:11PM +0530, ext Hiremath, Vaibhav wrote:

> [...]

DirectFB uses it also for waiting for vsync.

> With this finding, in case of OMAP3 we have to use OMAPFB_WAITFORGO (breaking standard applications).

Applications using the standard fbdev API won't work with manual update
displays anyway. You need omapfb specific code to handle it so having
another small difference is not a big deal.

In DirectFB the that's trivial since there's already a simple omap
gfxdriver where you could override the default flip functionality with
WAITFORGO based stuff.

Or, as I said, you could add another standard ioctl and fix up userspace
to use it where appropriate and if the kernel driver supports it.

--
Ville Syrjälä