Re: kernel mode setting / how to configure the console's resolution X x Y with KMS active

Hi Dave,
thank you very much for this hint - video=<something> does the trick. I only
wonder why the old entries (that IMHO were meant to do the same,
vga=<something>, i. e. vga=0x324) don't work any more. I wouln't have searched
for this, as I was accustomed to vga=<something> what actually does not work
any more.

And, by the way, the only tiny drawback I noted is the fact that the splash
has disappeared. But this is by far not as bad as a useless console ..... :-)

Thanks again,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)