Re: Question regarding submitting a new SOC fb driver

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 4:55 AM, Erik Gilling <konkers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm going to be submitting a pull request to linux-next later this
> week for our initial tegra support.  Should I include our framebuffer
> driver in that tree or send it upstream through this list?  The driver
> has been sent to this list and reviewed.
>
> git://android.git.kernel.org/kernel/tegra.git  for-next
>
> Thanks,
>    Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for asking on the list. If the driver you mentioned has been
acked by other developers and you feel that there's been a decent
amount of review by fbdev folks then all is well, and sending it
upstream through linux-next sounds good. If it hasn't, then I highly
recommend giving the fbdev folks some time to take a look at it. (
Maybe throw in a tegra board to anyone who finds/fixes bugs in the
code :-) )

Thanks,
jaya