HDMI timing parameters problem

Hi all

I'm trying to configure an HDMI controller on an ARM based SoC, and I
cannot seem to find suitable values for blanking parameters.

The monitor EDID reports 1280x1024@108MHz:

H_ACTIVE = 1280
H_SYNC_OFFSET = 48
H_SYNC_WIDTH = 112
H_BLANKING = 408

V_ACTIVE = 1024
V_SYNC_OFFSET = 1
V_SYNC_WIDTH = 3
V_BLANKING = 42

The HDMI controller can be programmed in one of two modes: with a preset
configuration or manually specifying each parameter. The only mode that
somehow works up to now is the preset 1280x720@xxxxxxxxx With this mode
the image on the monitor is stretched vertically, but it works.
Unfortunately, the controller doesn't have any preset modes for 1280x1024
or for anything close enough. So, I have to support manual geometry
configuration. To reduce the number of required changes, as a first step,
I'm trying to achieve the same result in manual mode, as I've got with
preset, by programming 1280x720. For this I've chosen the following
configuration:

	.xres = 1280,
	.yres = 720,
	.left_margin = 224,
	.right_margin = 104,
	.hsync_len = 40,
	.upper_margin = 20,
	.lower_margin = 5,
	.vsync_len = 5,

which is the same, as what I'm configuring my LCD controller
with. This translates to

H_ACTIVE = 1280
H_SYNC_OFFSET = 104
H_SYNC_WIDTH = 40
H_BLANKING = 368

V_ACTIVE = 720
V_SYNC_OFFSET = 5
V_SYNC_WIDTH = 5
V_BLANKING = 30

With it the monitor recognises the signal, the LED goes green, but there's
no image.

I've done a few more tests with various configurations, but so far with no
success. Can anyone suggest how to debug this? How to find the proper
video mode?

Thanks
Guennadi
---