Re: PROBLEM: loading viafb module turns screen to black on VN896

Hi Julian,

thanks for your feedback.

Julian Wollrath schrieb:
Hi,

since I switched from 2.6.31.8 to 2.6.32.2 loading the viafb module
turns the screen to black, there is no graphic output on the screen anymore.

Did you really use viafb before and if that's the case, how did you load the module? (including module parameters) One change that even confused me is that after exposing the PCI stuff the module gets auto loaded and as viafb needs an insane amount of parameters to work correctly this lead to the effect you described as it didn't get its parameters. So is this problem caused by auto-loading? If the above does not fit your situation, are you willing to do regression testing to figure out which patch to viafb exactly caused the behaviour you described?

Thanks,

Florian Tobias Schandinat