Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] drm_fb_helper: Impossible to change video mode

On 11/20/2009 10:01 PM, James Simmons wrote:

Paulius Zaleckas wrote:
On drivers using drm_fb_helper's in fb_ops it is not possible to
change
video mode, because of different var->pixclock evaluation: ...

patch:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dri-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg44369.html

Those patches will enable fbdev apps to run properly. More patches are
needed if you want to support mode switching using the fbdev emulation
layer. I noticed my patches and yours where lost. Who do you send patches
too that can merge them ?

y:/usr/src/git26>   perl scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f
drivers/gpu/drm/drm_fb_helper.c
David Airlie<airlied@xxxxxxxx>
Dave Airlie<airlied@xxxxxxxxxx>
Jesse Barnes<jbarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mikael Pettersson<mikpe@xxxxxxxx>
dri-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's accurate enough.

Generally, if nothing has happened in a week, the chances that it's
lost are very high.  Resend.  If you like, cc me and I'll maintain the
patches
and resend them for you.

You can add Tested-by: Paulius Zaleckas<paulius.zaleckas@xxxxxxxxx>
for http://www.mail-archive.com/dri-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg44369.html
as this was preventing DirectFB from running on my Asus Eee PC 701.

I tested it as well with the both my 3Dfx driver that I wrote with KMS and
the nouveau driver. We just need to make sure that the patches end up in
the drm-next tree or these patches will be lost when drm-next gets merged
to linus tree.

IMHO this patch should end up in current (2.6.32) kernel and we should
send it to stable ML.