Overwriteable media errors and data recovery

Hi,

my underlying block device lost a few blocks due to media errors, but the blocks involved are not permanently bad, so the badblocks mechanism isn't entirely the correct tool here.

Is there a good flow to recover from *past* media errors and get a list of affected files?

Use cases:

 - Harddisk reports read errors, but remaps blocks on write
- Volume manager reports read errors because all mirrors were lost, but spares exist
 - ddrescue copied media, with a list of blocks that could not be copied

Basically, what I'd like to do is go from a damaged file system and a list of damaged blocks to a good file system and a list of damaged files (which allows me to check if I can restore them from backup, or, if they came from a package, simply reinstall them).

Could there be something like a file attribute "damaged" that is set by fsck, and that I can scan for inside a mounted file system?

   Simon