Re: task hung in ext4_fallocate #2

[TLDR: This mail in primarily relevant for Linux regression tracking. A
change or fix related to the regression discussed in this thread was
posted or applied, but it did not use a Closes: tag to point to the
report, as Linus and the documentation call for. Things happen, no
worries -- but now the regression tracking bot needs to be told manually
about the fix. See link in footer if these mails annoy you.]

On 20.10.23 09:01, Linux regression tracking #adding (Thorsten Leemhuis)
wrote:
> On 17.10.23 05:37, Andres Freund wrote:
>>
>> As previously reported in https://lore.kernel.org/all/20231004004247.zkswbseowwwc6vvk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/
>> I found some hangs below ext4_fallocate(), in 6.6-rc*.  As it looks like my
>> issue was unrelated to the thread I had responded to, I was asked to start
>> this new thread.
>>
>> I just was able to reproduce the issue, after upgrading to 6.6-rc6 - this time
>> it took ~55min of high load (io_uring using branch of postgres, running a
>> write heavy transactional workload concurrently with concurrent bulk data
>> load) to trigger the issue.
>>
>> For now I have left the system running, in case there's something you would
>> like me to check while the system is hung.
>> [...]
>
> Thanks for the report. To be sure the issue doesn't fall through the
> cracks unnoticed, I'm adding it to regzbot, the Linux kernel regression
> tracking bot:
>
> #regzbot ^introduced v6.5..v6.6-rc6
> #regzbot title ext4: task hung in ext4_fallocate
> #regzbot ignore-activity

#regzbot fix: 838b35bb6a89c36da07ca39520ec071d
#regzbot ignore-activity

Everything you wanna know about Linux kernel regression tracking:
https://linux-regtracking.leemhuis.info/about/#tldr
That page also explains what to do if mails like this annoy you.