Re: e2fsck on encrypted directories

On 8/1/2017 8:03 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 03:32:24PM +0530, Sahitya Tummala wrote:
Hi Ted,

I got a question on usage of e2fsck with -D option on EXT4 FS, where
file based encryption is enabled. Is this option supposed to work on
encrypted directories?

I have encountered a case where e2fsck gets stuck
in duplicate_search_and_fix() due to strncmp checks done in this function
on encrypted file names, which may contain NUL characters.

Also, even without -D option passed, there can be a case of duplicate
entries (i.e.,
ctx->dirs_to_hash is not NULL). In this case too we may see the same issue
in duplicate_search_and_fix() if the directory is encrypted.
Is my understanding correct? Please share your comments.
Thanks, your understanding is indeed correct.  Thanks for pointing
this out.  The following patch should fix the problem; can you
confirm, if you have a convenient test case?

Thanks for the patch. I could reproduce this issue only once so far. I have already
tried the proposed fix and it works fine.

--
Qualcomm India Private Limited, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project.