Re: More thoughts about xattrs, journal credits, and their location

On Fri 14-07-17 15:13:27, Andreas Dilger wrote:
> >> The downsides of this approach is that it causes the orphan list to be
> >> a bottleneck.  So we would definitely not want to do this all time.
> >
> > Yes and I think lazy extend/restart should mitigate this.
>
> Jan had a patch to improve the orphan list performance that never made it
> into the kernel by having a per-CPU orphan list or similar.
>
> It recall it got hung up on running out of reserved inodes or similar, which
> is an issue we should fix in any case.

Yeah, and I've submitted patches for e2fsprogs to be able to set number of
reserved inodes however they never got merged. I guess I can refresh those
patches and resend if there's interest in the functionality and the
feature...

								Honza

--
Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxxx>