Re: ext4 scaling limits ?

While it is true that e2fsck does not free memory during operation, in
practice this is not a problem. Even for large filesystems (say 32-48TB)
it will only use around 8-12GB of RAM so that is very reasonable for a
server today.

The rough estimate that I use for e2fsck is 1 byte of RAM per block.

Cheers, Andreas