Re: xfstests and ext4

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> the other as a base64 encoded attachment so can't be quoted and
> replied to easily. In future, can you send patches as separate
> emails according to:

Yes.  WIll do.  It is a pain in test  VMs to setup git with gmail two
phase authentication
but doable if I set it up to send mail from a different host.

>>  Building Linux:
>>      - cd into the xfstests directory
>> +    - install prerequisite packages
>> +      For example, for Ubuntu:
>> +        "sudo apt-get install xfslibs-dev uuid-dev libtool e2fsprogs
>> +         automake gcc libuuid1 libuuidm-ocaml-dev attr libattr1-dev
>                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> What in xfstests is dependent on ocaml?

That libuuidm-ocaml-dev looks unneeded now (I ended up pulling in one
of the tools a different
way so whatever that pulled in looks superfluous now) - in an earlier
try at this I built a few
of the tools. But there is one missing. I missed in the cut-and-pastes
an obvious very
important dependency when I was transcribing the dependency list -
"quota"   I will add
that to the list and remove the libuuidm-ocaml-dev off now that I have
confirmed the dependencies
list again today on a fresh Ubuntu install.

--
Thanks,

Steve