noacl and nouser_xattr

Yes - I need noacl and nouser_xattr

How about documenting your intent to remove them in the man pages.

acl support and user_xattr support need to be off on the / and /usr filesystems to simplify security. Actually I want a way to turn off ALL extended attribute support on any filesystem. How about noxattr (which would turn off ALL extended attribute support including acls). I also use nosuid on filesystems that shouldn't have any suid files.

This is to follow the security principal - "If you aren't using it and don't need it - turn it off".

The simple Posix/Unix permissions are more than enough security control in almost every situation I have run into (only wish I could use them in Windows).

Having worked extensively with ACLS on Windows (and some older Main Frame OSes) - I note that ACL's add a level of complexity to security that actually makes for less security. I see the need to support them in Unix/Linux - but they should be OFF unless someone specifically wants to use them (at least don't make them hard to turn off).

Just try auditing the security of a windows filesystem if you don't think ACL's add extreme complexity (I gave up - I just forcibily set all the ACL's myself by script using the unix Owner,Group,Other concepts as a model to simplify what I am setting).

I should not be considered an "AUTHORITY" on any subject.