Re: /dev/disk/by-label missing after upgrade to 1.42.7

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 07:08:35PM -0400, Autif Khan wrote:
> I have updated our scripts to overwrite only those binaries that
> originated from the e2fsprogs package. In our build/CI system it would
> be (relatively) hard to build a debian package using fakeroot
> dpkg-buildpackages, instead, we run dpkg -S /bin/binary to find if the
> package originated in e2fsprogs and if it did, we copy it over,
> otherwise not. For now this works, we will pay the technical debt
> if/when we need to - chances are this will go away in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
> which should have the latest version of e2fsprogs.

If you're not willing to use dpkg-buildpackage, I strongly recommend
that you add the following configure options:

     --disable-libblkid --disable-libuuid --disable-fsck --disable-uuidd

... especially if you are building with shared libraries.  Otherwise,
you'll be building with one version of the shared libraries, and
running with a different shared libraries.

						- Ted