Re: Filesystem corrupted by offline resize

Thanks so much for the detailed reply, Ted. And no need to apologise -
no lost Ph.D. thesis or anything! I have a backup of the most
important data. But there was over 3T of data and my backup capacity
is only 500G, so there's still a lot that will be lost.

I'll give photorec a try. It's very lucky I have the backup - most of
the critical data is encrypted with eCryptfs, so photorec wouldn't
have been able to help there.

Really appreciate all the work you've put into Linux and the
filesystem over the course of your career. I've been using and
administering Linux systems for 13 yrs and this is the first time I've
experienced major ext2/3/4 corruption that hasn't been the fault of
hardware, so I'm still a happy customer, so to speak.

Chris