Re: fallocate creating fragmented files

> It's the twoskip files that we're particularly concerned about.  Not
> so much that they fragment during use, that's kind of expected - but
> that a repack doesn't result in a single contiguous file.  Apart from
> the header, I can't see why it doesn't.

Well yes, this is ultimately what we're worried about, but we did some
digging and found that even just fallocating a file creates a very
fragmented file.

I think it's better to try and work out why just fallocating space for
files is creating such fragmented files, it's certainly a simpler test
case to try and get information on first.

Rob