Re: Anyone have test cases for SEEK_HOLE/SEEK_DATA?

On 09/18/12 01:40, Dave Chinner wrote:
On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:04:34PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

Does anyone have test cases for SEEK_HOLE/SEEK_DATA handy?  As near as I
can tell xfstests doesn't have any tests for SEEK_HOLE/SEEK_DATA
functionality, and I was hoping someone had some test programs and test
sets already written.

Perhaps a cc to xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx so the xfstests maintainers see the
question would be a sensible idea?

As it is, there are tests pending check-in that test
seek-data/seek-hole functionality - they were used to verify the
unwritten extent aware XFS implementation that recently went into
the kernel....

Cheers,

Dave.

xfstest 285 and 286 (I believe these tests were only in the OSS version and not in the kernel.org developers version of xfstests).

There is rough version of another test that I got directly from Jeff Lui, the person who wrote the SEEK_HOLE/SEEK_DATA feature in XFS. This version tests the advance features of SEEK_HOLE/SEEK_DATA.

Ben asked me about this advanced test when he committed the advance features of SEEK_HOLE/SEEK_DATA to the XFS OSS tree. To the best of my knowledge, this test has not been submitted as an xfstest so we could not add it then.

--Mark Tinguely.