Re: Intentionally corrupted fs: [this times really] "kernel BUG at fs/jbd2/transaction.c:161!"

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 08:42:46PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> > (This bug report serves also as a preview of the Berserker toolkit
> > that automates finding such bugs and minimizing the differences to
> > pristine filesystems. I plan on making the announcement and making the
> > toolkit available within the next few hours.)
>
> sounds a bit like fsfuzzer, how is it different?

I hope the announcement I just sent responded to this; but basically,
the toolkit works on a somewhat higher level (it uses zzuf, which I
believe to be similar to fsfuzzer but actually only fuzzes the
filesystem image and does not itself run tests on it; zzuf is not
written by me). Mostly the toolkit is about managing a virtual machine
to run tests automatically and about minimizing the differences to
pristine filesystems.

I confess I'm not intimately familiar with fsfuzzer (I should be!),
but I believe one of the advantages of berserker is that it automates
the virtual machine stuff and provides convenient scripts that can be
used with e.g. git bisect run.

	Sami